StudioDe is a Sydney based design agency that focuses on the intersection between user experience and branding. We work with clients across all industry verticals, ranging from new and exciting startups to established corporate businesses.
We are looking for someone passionate, humble and self-motivated. If you are curious about engineering, product, growth, business strategy and you thrive on using design to solve problems we would love to hear from you.
About the role
- The role is permanent, full time. We are open to mid to senior levels of experience.
- You will have the freedom to work directly with clients and experience engineers and PMs
- You will be able to expand your knowledge working on responsive design and mobile apps
- You will have design mentorship with a strong feedback and development culture
What you will do
Typical tasks in the life of a Designer at StudioDe might look something like this:
- Design customer-facing user interfaces and prototypes
- Running workshops and usertesting through video chat or in person.
- Collaborating via Slack, Notion, Figma and weekly video chat with our Clients
- Build design systems
- Being part of design reviews and critiques with the team.
- Writing and updating documentation, resources and blog posts.
- Work on various creative and digital projects throughout the entire design lifecycle from concept to delivery
- Collaborate with the clients in-house teams throughout the design process
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Tackle complex information and transform it into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs
- Communicate your ideas visually through prototypes and mock-ups
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function, look and feel
- Create original graphic design elements
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- You want to move faster but you have an interest in long term plans. You want to iterate, learn and improve regularly but also have a thing for strategy and how design can help.
- You understand the importance of branding, copywriting and identity in your UX. You know that the final experience is going to be crafted by merging all the different aspects of your brand.
- You’re self-motivated and can work independently. Working remotely or independently is something that you enjoy and have experience in. You take the initiative to make sure that you have everything you need to work efficiently and will call for support when required.
- You love learning. You might not have the experience required for all areas of this role, but you’re excited by the prospect of growing and learning.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Outgoing, energetic and positive personality
- Ability to be diplomatic
- Ability to juggle multiple jobs at once
Salary and Benefits
Despite being a bootstrapped agency, we strive to offer state-of-the-industry benefits and create an organisation we would want to work at.
- Competitive salary.
- Personal development stipend. AUD 500 per calendar year to improve your craft. Available after 6 months of employment.
- Great equipment. Each employee will receive a MacBook plus required peripherals.
How You Can Join Us
If this interests you so far, you can now submit your application to us by clicking "Apply."
Due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates that meet our criteria will be short-listed and contacted. We thank you for your time.