StudioDe is a Sydney based design agency that focuses on the intersection between user experience and branding. We work with clients across all industry verticals, ranging from new and exciting startups to established corporate businesses.
We are looking for someone passionate, humble and self-motivated. If you are curious about engineering, product, growth, business strategy and you thrive on using design to solve problems we would love to hear from you.
About the role
- This is a contract role but could be turned into part-time or full-time. We are open to mid to senior levels of experience.
- You will have the freedom to work directly with clients
- You will be able to expand your knowledge working on different brands and categories
- You will have design mentorship with a strong feedback and development culture
What you will do
Typical tasks in the life of a Designer at StudioDe look something like this:
- Elevate our client’s brand design experience though original storytelling, including using 2D and 3D design for consumer-facing brand experience
- Design with clear ideation, through typography, color, texture, spacing, scale and outstanding use of environments
- Design with versatility and constantly seek new and innovative ways to impact the consumer experience; graphics, photography, retail and digital
- Work collaboratively between cross-functional teams
- Articulately communicate your design intent and impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Architectural or Industrial Design
- 5+ years of Graphic Design, experiential design, or brand design and demonstrated ability to apply these skills in ways that elevate brand excellence
- A clean, innovative aesthetic and taste-level
- Proven ability to perform and apply design skills, including architectural design, space planning, visual presentation development and layout, proportion and scale
- Experience working collaboratively with a team and senior leadership
- Ability to manage a dynamic set of multiple work priorities, demands and changes
- High level of expertise using Adobe design applications
- Comfortble or quick to learn Slack, Notion and weekly video chat with our Clients
- Being part of design reviews and critiques with the team.
- Writing and updating documentation, resources and blog posts
- Work on various creative and digital projects throughout the entire design lifecycle from concept to delivery
- Collaborate with the clients in-house teams throughout the design process
- Communicate your ideas visually through prototypes and mock-ups
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function, look and feel
- Create original graphic design elements
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- You want to move fast but you have an interest in the long term.
- You want to iterate, learn and improve regularly but also have a soft spot for strategy and how design can help.
- You understand the importance of branding, copywriting and identity in your UX. You know that the final experience is going to be crafted by merging all the different aspects of your brand.
- You’re self-motivated and can work independently. Working remotely or independently is something that you enjoy and have experience in. You take the initiative to make sure that you have everything you need to work efficiently and will call for support when required.
- You love learning. You might not have the experience required for all areas of this role, but you’re excited by the prospect of growing and learning.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Outgoing, energetic and positive personality
- Ability to be diplomatic
- Ability to juggle multiple jobs at once
Salary and Benefits
Despite being a bootstrapped agency, we strive to offer a competitive salary and create an organisation we would want to work at.
How You Can Join Us
If this interests you so far, you can now submit your application to us by clicking "Apply."
Due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates that meet our criteria will be short-listed and contacted. We thank you for your time.